We want you to feel at home when you post a comment on this website. That’s why we reserve the right to delete comments and ban users as needed.
The basic rule is to not be a jerk.
- Weigh in with smart, informed ideas that contribute further to the story.
- Give useful, constructive criticism. If you spot any errors or want to offer feedback, please feel free.
- Don’t feed the trolls. Downvote and flag comments instead.
The following types of comments will be removed by moderators:
- If you promote your own brand, product, or blog (in a way that is not) relevant to the discussion.
- If you make comments without having read the article, we might delete your comment rather than re-explain something.
- If you make random comments that have nothing to do with the article. Sometimes conversations may veer off course, but we won’t allow the hijacking of conversations to promote off-topic commentary.
- Threats – whether direct or passive aggressive – will not be tolerated. Comments focusing on a user’s past comment history will deleted. Doxxing will get you IP banned.
- Trolling. If you are arguing for argument’s sake and not contributing meaningfully to the conversation, we will shut you down fast.